Friday, August 27, 2010

Inspiration




Good morning and Happy Pink Saturday to all! Today the pink group is sharing a link to lend a helping hand to a special cause. All comments will earn $1 and go to helping Guideposts and Katillac Shack donate another makeover. Kelee did a Miracle Makeover for Colette, someone in need of a beautiful place to heal. Please view the video and leave a comment here and every place you can!!

When I decide to do this with Beverly at How Sweet the Sound, I wasn't sure of what to write about or post. I was just going to do another pink post. Then this week an incident occurred that I want to share. My brother called to ask me for help in collecting clothes for a single dad and his kids who had lost all their belongings in a fire. The dad wears a large size and I didn't know anyone to call. I posted a note on facebook and decided to go to a local thrift shop to maybe find things. While there, my daughter called me about the post and I was telling her the details of the request. When I went to check out, the supervisor had overheard my conversation and told the clerk to give me all the clothes I needed. They even had pulled out some larger sizes that hadn't been put out yet. Just that small unselfish act reaffirmed my faith in the love and generosity of people.

I also collected some money so the family could go buy personal items. My brother and his wife came by last night to get everything and we talked a little more about what's needed. He's not sure where the family is even living right now so he said they need clothes and money for food more than anything. This weekend I'll be gathering more clothes for the kids and maybe some school supplies. I know I'll have help from others.

Please leave a comment here and at the other links to raise helping funds. Leaving you with a beautiful picture of flowers growing in the Rockies (another miracle) and a quote from Margaret Mead. I hope all of you have a wonderful, loving week!!






"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; 
indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has."

16 comments:

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Sue!

Thank-you so much for being on The Miracle Party Team! I appreciate this post so much.

I am grateful.

Love you!

Kelee Happy Pink Saturday!

Kelee Katillac said...

Sue--wanted to also say I am praying for the single dad! And this photo is uplifting!

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, dear Sue. Thank you for making Pink Saturday special, and for taking part in this day of celebration and thanks.

There truly are miracles going on all around us every day. We just have to open our hearts in acceptance. Thank you for sharing one of your life miracles. I will keep this family in my prayers.

LV said...

What a wonderful thing you and family are doing for others. There are so many in need, but no one takes the time to help. Bless you for your kindness.

Ann said...

Your story is uplifting today. It's so wonderful when people donate for those who need when they don't even know them. True kindness is what you have shown. Happy Miracle Saturday.
Ann

Ann said...

Your story is uplifting today. It's so wonderful when people donate for those who need when they don't even know them. True kindness is what you have shown. Happy Miracle Saturday.
Ann

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sue Sweetie...
Thank you so much for participating in our Miracle Weekend. We are so thrilled that you decided to share. This is such a heartwarming story of the love of a community to help this single Father and his children in need. Living in a big city like Phoenix, it amazes me sometimes how people can walk on by and never extend a hand. I was raised in a small, loving community in Oklahoma and it took some getting used to, when I moved her over 25 years ago. I know God put me here for a reason, as every time we were almost at the end of our ropes, he extended them.

God, through you and others like you has thrown a rope to this single Father, and he will hang on and pull through. Everything happens for a reason. Just like cancer.

Please stop by and leave a comment. Each comment left on my blog, Guideposts magazine will donate a $1.00 towards the next Miracle Makeover just waiting to happen. Again sweetie, thank you for sharing and I will be storming the heavens with prayer for this precious family you have shared today.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Regina said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sue.
This is wonderful!

" ♥ Regina "

Roberta said...

Happy PS Sue and so love your story about helping the family that suffered from a fire. It is always amazing when people help others and when they come together as strangers and give without any questions asked. So glad to be part of the Miracle Makeover and helping Kelee and Guideposts make more miracles ;) Be sure to hop on over and say hello and let me know if you would like to be included in my giveaway as well. Fondly, Roberta
http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

Nikki (Sarah) said...

what a great story -- the kindness of strangers.. and love the picture. It sort of reminds me of strangers planted around the rocky places when we need them.

cathy gaubert said...

oh, suesue! your experience at the thrift shop is just lovely and heartwarming. i think that mom & dad are coming up tomorrow to visit, and i will send some money back with her for you to get to them!!!
xoxo

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Very inspirational share today! The kindness and generousity of others is always uplifting. Happy Pink Saturday to you!

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Sue,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful inspirational story and the lovely photographs. Blog Angels like you are making the Miracle Party a big success.
Hugs and Blessings,
Erin

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love reading how people just come together in time of each other needs. What a blessing you have been for this family.
Ginger

Charlotte said...

Hi Sue,
This is a really inspiring story. I'm glad you shared it with us on Spiritual Sundays as well as Pink Saturday.
I like your header and the name of your blog.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

What you are doing is so wonderful.

I made my first pajama shorts. I actually made two. I wear them to bed every night. I am so happy with them. I should probably make some pants soon as it the weather will start getting cold. Hope you'll come take a look. By the way, I am turning 10 this weekend.

Emily
http://sewingsister.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-cuz-came-over.html

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.