Monday, January 11, 2010

"Hello My Friend"

One of Gabe's favorite toys are his big blocks so I saw this fabric on another blog(which I'm going to search for and post) and ordered some right away to make him a bag for his birthday. It's super big and the fabric is just perfect-a great weight and texture. I made the bottom and top band with some yellow twill and added grommets to pull it shut and carry it. He should be able to carry quite a few blocks (or toys) with it!
                                                    
                                                                       
block bag, originally uploaded by suesueb.


The selvedge was too cute not too make sure it showed! Japanese fabric always has great selvedges!!





I couldn't find the blog but here is the link for the fabric-I received it so quickly! http://www.etsy.com/shop/mountainofthedragon

1 comment:

Tracey said...

What great fabric and such a cute and handy toy bag! Thanks for the link.

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.