Wednesday, January 7, 2009

posting a few pictures of the presents i made for gabe and georgia. i appliqued their names on a 6" block with the machine.on the other side i scanned and printed some of their pictures from the past year on special paper and adhered it to some more 6" blocks.
then i sandwiched the layers with batting and stitched around the edge. i trimmed the edges with a zigzag and scallop scissors and added a grommet to each corner.
i chained the book together with a ballchain.
i know their moms and dads loved them--hope they do too!!

7 comments:

jenclair said...

What a great project!

Our Hands For Hope said...

I love the name of your blog, although I'm not sure how to pronounce it! Yo Yo's...yep you are ambitious! Yep they look like they blend!
terisa

Sant Family said...

This is a great project - I will try to copy it for my nephews! It is just wonderful!

cathy gaubert said...

the books are the best!!! i really need to get some fabric to run through the printer here.

Raggy Rat said...

ohh now i want to make some ... or at least one for my mary, i know the girls would sit and look at it too ! lovely work xxx

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

First time visiter, and I love your header for your post. Happy Pink Saturday!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

OMG- I also wanted to say I love all the baby pictures with them hook together. Great idea, looks fantastic

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.