Friday, September 12, 2008


good morning pink ladies! i'm posting this early because i don't know if we'll have electricity later. it keeps going out and coming back on with the wind gusts from hurricane ike.

 i wanted to share a photo of my pink plates that i bought a few years after i was married. i fell in love with their delicacy and sweetness. the little pink glass spoons are from one of my best friends' mom. she passed away last august and i still miss her so much.

the bowl below was one that i painted at one of those pottery places in new orleans. my sisters and i went a few times and had so much fun. we also went for a wedding party and painted stuff for one of my friends. she chose the colors and we painted what we wanted. really cool. i don't know if it's open anymore.

this is a picture of my latest knitted hat for my niece for her birthday. the first one i made was too big. isn't my model absolutely darling?

this was the first time i did cables and i loved  making them. 
hope ya'll have fun visiting with all the pink ladies from beverly's blog. i hope that's what i'll be doing sunday!! take care.

13 comments:

One Shabby Old House said...

What a darling pink face in such a cute hat! You stay safe!
Hope you have electricity to make your rounds to all us pink girls.
Hope you visit me
Becky

bj said...

The plates are beautiful but that little pink face sticking out from under that PRECIOUS little cap is just amazing.
Wonderful pinks...
bj

SmilingSally said...

She's a cutie. I took a peek at your posts below and noticed a terrific dachshund. I love doxies! Happy Pink Saturday!

Virginia said...

Pretty Pinks, but absolutely adorable model, what a cutie.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Blessings, Virginia

Glennis said...

Oh, my what a sweet little face! She looks adorable!

Love the tiny spoons, too.

Happy Pink Saturday!

ellen b. said...

Hope you keep your power! I love the square pink plate. The hat you made is very cute!!

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Sue. I pray that you are safe from the impact of the storm.

Your model is absolutely adorable, and she is wonderful in her hat.

I love the idea of painting for a bride. She must love the pieces she received.

Missy Wertz said...

Love the plates, potter and that baby! Happy Pink Saturday!

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Sue, love your plates but the best is your cute little model!
What a cutie.
Hope your Saturday was uneventful!
Love, Ann

Gabriela said...

Happy Belated Pink Saturday!

What a cute PINK face!

~ Gabriela ~

KatCollects said...

Adorable baby, hope you are staying safe! Happy Pink Weekend : )
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those plates--I'm especially fond of the one on the left! You did such a great job with the sweet hat for your niece! How fun--she looks like she is crazy about it! Hope your PSat was good and that IKE didn't bother you too much! Dana

suze said...

Oh, I love all your pinkness!Thanks for your comment on my blog.
suze:)

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.