Saturday, July 12, 2008

old house


old house, originally uploaded by suesueb.

our town has been fixing up a lot of old houses. i guess the market is better for renovating than building. i'm just glad because i love older homes. they have so much character and i wonder how the people in them lived years ago. my house is over 100 years old. my kids think it's haunted because many of my electrical appliances fail and my phones never last! i love it though-it really is part of me. p.s. i've never been visited by a ghost.

3 comments:

cathy gaubert said...

i adore your home, but it definitely has some electrical problems! where is the house that you took a picture of? i don't recognize it.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Oh, I would love to see more of these old homes your town is preserving! I think it is so neat that your home is 100 years old! My husband ended up with his family's "home place & farm" that has been in his family for over 100years, and we have been working on the house for over 2 years...just a little a long the way. We hope to retire there one day! Can you just image all the stories the walls of those old houses could tell? LOL!

Your pink post was very creative! :) I love to see what people come up with each week for Pink Saturday!

Hugs, Rhonda :)

beki said...

I LOVE old houses! I hope to restore one one day (I can dream, can't I??).

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.